Decorate your garden to turn it into a stylish oasis 60 Ideas
The sun is smiling again, sunny days are here! So we think to renovate and decorate his garden for the new season! And it is here that we intervene, to offer you many beautiful ideas for the development of your outdoor spaces. You will also see accessories to make yourself. By spending more and more time outdoors, we would like to have a garden that plunges us into a magical and exotic atmosphere. What are the styles and elements that help you fulfill this wish?
Trends in garden landscaping
The basic question you are going to ask yourself is: “What is my lifestyle and how am I going to use my garden? Are you going to grow fruits and vegetables, do you need furniture for parties with friends, or do you want to create a landscaped garden in an Asian style? It all depends on your priorities and, first and foremost, the outdoor space you have.
- Interesting lighting effects : light garlands and lights scattered in the strategic corners of your garden, metal lanterns, candle holders … As you will see later in this article, there are models that you can do yourself, from jars of jam, for example, or any other container – jar or vase – with an attractive form. Garlands can form interesting patterns in tree branches or you can arrange them on hedges. Or above your garden furniture, where you will spend your evenings with friends. More complex, the illuminations of the stairs with leds, arranged in zig zag, better still if the light is in bright color …
- Colorful accessories : you can make them yourself with synthetic pearls and metal. And they are placed among the plants and flowers, to accentuate particular areas of his garden and to make them shine in the sun. Tree branches are decorated with colored balls of different size wire to create a magical and playful atmosphere. You can paint small pots, pierce a small hole on their bottoms and put them in garland, with which you can decorate a sad corner, to make it more cheerful.
- Reclaimed items : old teapots, metal basins, rowing boat pieces, spoons and utensils that no longer serve you, are wonderful basics from which you can make wonderful garden accessories. . And the colorful dishes that are in pieces, you can use to make pretty mosaics. The cut and painted plastic bottles serve as beautiful plant holders, which you can hang on the fence, for example. Wooden pallet garden furniture is a hit.
Decorate your garden with light garlands: magic in the air!
A table covered with mosaic in bright colors for an exotic atmosphere
- Mosaics : an exotic-colored mosaic garden table plan, details accented by colorful pieces, all these elements make you feel uncomfortable in places that you associate with a dream vacation.
- Mirrors : if you have old mirrors, you can use them for garden deco deco . The older they are, the better. You can put them on the floor, in front of an original plant composition, for example. Or hang them on an outside wall of the house. You can have two or three mirrors in the corners of your outdoor space, they will produce crazy effects. The frame of the mirror is very important, it is part of the decor, so think about the hints you want to create. Oval shapes and baroque ornaments are trendy. But your choice will also be dictated by the mood you want to achieve. If the surface of the mirror has spots, it’s even better. The vintage spirit is welcome in the garden of 2018.
- Gothic and Baroque themes: very popular now. Reproducing a time spent in your garden is an idea that will help you in your change of scenery. A trip back in time is beneficial for your well-being. It is by creating a typical atmosphere of ancient times that you will transform your outdoor space into a special oasis, where you will indulge in sweet romantic reflections.
- Japanese themes : we find them very often and during this new season they are one of the trends that are popular. This is to reproduce a landscape in miniature format. Water is an essential element of this type of development. You could install small bridges over the water that should be moving, as prescribed for this type of gardens. Green plants are strongly present, to the detriment of flowers. The stones covered with green moss give an aspect of antique decoration. The lanterns mark certain areas, illuminating them with a mysterious light in the evening. Asymmetry is welcome here, straight lines – not so much. The Japanese say, “Harmony is born of imbalance. That’s why the rocks and trees in your Japanese-themed garden will have to form asymmetrical effects. Plants for this type of decor: maple, oak, fruit trees, pines, bamboo and slow-growing shrubs. Garden furniture is not present here. If you choose one or two, choose natural and not synthetic.
- Pastel colors , pistachio green, orange and fuchsia are the colors for the 2018 garden accessories. Look for contrast effects – for example a fuchsia radiant garden armchair and a pistachio green wall. Or a corner of a wall in royal blue with pots of plants in yellow, red and orange.
Decorate your garden with salvaged objects and transformed into fun elements
Install Indian teepees for outdoor children’s games
A pastel color scheme
Why not install a shower in your garden? Here is an idea:
Small decorative elements with plants
Buckets used as wall decoration
The details are very important for a successful decor
A brilliant garden accessory
An idea for a fairytale atmosphere in the garden
A pergola decorated with hanging flowerpots
Foldable furniture for the garden
Lanterns to make yourself, from jars of jam
A decoration for the garden in front of the house
Bamboo lanterns and rattan garden furniture for this friendly garden corner
Windmills created from tin cans
Decorative wire balls for a fun atmosphere in your garden
An oval mirror in Baroque style for a refined atmosphere
Here is another idea to use a mirror recovered in your attic, to make your garden elegant
A chair transformed into a plant holder
Beautiful contrasts between the mint green wall and the pink garden armchair. All completed with a beautiful vintage mirror
The colorful pieces of broken dishes can serve you as elements, to create beautiful mosaic accents
A garden layout in romantic style
Decorate your garden in white and blue
Here’s how to create a family of Minions with some colored pots in blue and yellow
An arty flamingo as a garden accessory
A beautiful synthetic flower among natural flowers, to create beautiful light effects
A boho chic atmosphere
A fun composition with salvaged objects
Some garlands above the furniture in your garden – only memorable evenings in perspective!
In a Gothic style
A garden accessory that sets the mood, made from old objects that have been repainted in radiant colors
A chat corner under a tree with a broad crown, adorned with lanterns of different shapes and colors
Half-cut plastic bottles painted in orange serve as plant holders
A garden corner made in bright colors
Lanterns in Moroccan style light up this garden
A refined little accessory between plants
Lanterns in Chinese style in vibrant colors adorn tree branches
Give individuality to your garden, with the help of the fancy decoration like this one
Three lanterns that change everything
Illuminate your plants with fine garlands
A well of water realized with tires painted with patterns of red bricks
Parts of spade recovered to create a charming owl
Another way to decorate spaces between flowers and plants
A friendly garden corner
Old spoons turn into figurines for fun compositions
Pallet wooden garden stools, painted in the most joyful colors
A rocking chair for the relax zone
A mattress and some cushions and you have a sofa among the plants
In a minimalist spirit
Interesting accents in a landscaped garden
Garden furniture in black metal, matching with black metal lanterns and black pots for plants
Decorate your garden with cool details
Decorate your garden with a wide variety of colorful plants
Vibrant colors and patterns
In a classic style
In a bohemian spirit
Colorful glass garden lamps
Another solution for garden lighting
Two gardens decorated in Asian style
The mirror in the garden as part of the decor allows very interesting solutions
Decorate your garden with colorful little garland pots
Here are some other solutions to decorate your garden in any style:
A small alley with patterns of spirals and flowers
An old staircase used as a plant carrier