More than 60 original ideas for a relooked table at a low price
Have you tired of your scratched wooden table or simply want to refresh your interior? It is not always necessary to buy a new one to have trendy and chic furniture. With our original table ideas revamped at low prices, you will be able to customize an old piece of furniture while giving it a design and chic look. From effect paints to various patterned adhesive films and DIY projects for DIY enthusiasts, there are a thousand ways to pamper a table.
Restyled table – paint simple stripes for a graphic look.
An original way to display your favorite photos – black and white collage made on a coffee table.
A relooked table that echoes the gallery wall.
- a living room coffee table with flanges with a height of at least 6 mm
- photos and small decorative objects that will be sealed on the board (the decorative elements must not exceed the edges)
- glue or spray adhesive
- epoxy resin – the amount of epoxy used depends on the surface to be covered
- masking tape or painter’s tape
- a kitchen torch
Choose abstract photos for a deco design.
- If you with a secondhand table think to sand lightly and thoroughly clean the top tray. Protect the edges of the table with painter’s tape. In this way the glue will not flow through the cracks.
- Print your photos. If necessary, cut them according to the surface to be covered.
- Define the design. Arrange photos and objects on the board to determine the design you like best. To glue the photos, apply glue or spray in a light coat. Be careful that they adhere well to the surface to prevent air bubbles.
- Prepare the epoxy adhesive according to the manufacturer’s instructions, respecting the proportions of resin and hardener indicated. Use gloves and protective clothing when preparing. The place where you work should be well ventilated.
- Pour the epoxy resin on the tabletop.
- Use a kitchen torch to remove air bubbles.
- Wait at least 24-48 hours before using.
An IKEA Lack table decorated with embossed faux leather fabric and upholstery nails.
- a table LACK from Ikea
- tapestry nails
- faux leather fabric embossed or golden wallpaper.
- spray adhesive
- a pencil
- a needle-nose pliers
- a rubber mallet
- Take the measurements of your table and cut the fabric according to these dimensions. To do this, turn the table on the backside of fabric and mark the traces.
- Decorate upholstery nails. Plant the nails with the rubber mallet. You can also use needle-nose pliers to hold them in place.
- Apply spray glue to the back of the fabric. Adhere the imitation leather to the table.
Table sublimated by golden accents.
A relooked table faux marble effect.
Necessary material :
- a marble effect adhesive
- a towel
- a laptop table Ikea VIITSJÖ or any other similar table.
- Start by cleaning the surface well that you will cover with adhesive. Wipe with a damp towel and allow to dry.
- Use a sticker wallpaper with grids for an easier cut. The table model on the photo has a removable glass top. Wrap the wallpaper and put the tray on it. Cut at the waist leaving a surplus of about 2.5 cm.
- Peel off one side of the adhesive paper from its support. Then lift the glass top and lay it gently on the adhesive leaving a margin of 2.5 cm.
- Adhere the excess wallpaper to the back of the glass and turn the tray over.
- Adhere the adhesive to the glass surface by lightly pressing with the towel. Work gently to avoid air bubbles and have a smooth surface.
- Flip the tabletop. Cut a square from each corner and cover the edges with adhesive film. Press the adhesive film at the edges of the tray.
The minimalist look of the table goes perfectly with the decorative marble paper.
Vitamin table with matching chairs to enhance the patio or balcony.
Materials needed: exterior paint in beautiful vitamin colors, paint roller, sponge brushes
- Good, sustainable outdoor painting is of great importance for this project.
- To paint the parts in white, use a paint roller.
- Use sponge brushes to paint the colored slats.
Makeover project – if in doubt, add color.
Revamped bedside table with gold accents and tropical motif.
- First remove the drawers and turn over the bedside table. Cut the feet with a jigsaw.
- Lightly sand the wood and paint the bedside table and drawers in lacquered white lacquer.
- Once the paint is dry, lay the fixing plates to secure mid-century vintage table legs painted in gold. Paint spray on the door knobs.
- Cut out the wallpaper according to the dimensions and paste.
Original decor idea with a wallpaper.
Decorate the new bedside table with a pretty mini bouquet.
Restyled mosaic table with heart motif.
Necessary material :
- black and white tiles
- ceramic tile adhesive
- a joint mortar
- a trowel
- a cloth and a sponge
How to tile a basic Ikea table to give it a nice mosaic effect?
- Determine the design of the mosaic. To do this you can also use software like Adobe Illustrator (determine the number of tiles needed).
- Lay the tiles using tile adhesive. Let dry for 24 hours.
- Prepare the joint according to the manufacturer’s instructions, spread it on the mosaic using a trowel. Take care to fill the joints well.
- Clean the excess with a sponge. Let dry, then clean the mosaic again with a towel.
Your coffee table is completely unrecognizable.
Give a modern look to the coffee table with geometric patterns in yellow and gray.
Before painting, make sure that the surface of the table is clean and smooth.
Create the graphic design using the masking tape.
Restyled table with geometric patterns.
Add a rustic or shabby chic look to your furniture with milk paint (casein paint).
The trend of marble is becoming more democratic.
Hide scratches with decorative patterned adhesive film.
The green lacquered lacquered chairs and the floral adhesive paper give a vintage look to the dining room.
A tripod table restyled with paint and masking tape.
Scandinavian inspiration associating white with pastel colors.
Renovate a coffee table with the collage technique.
- a wooden coffee table
- Mod Podge or white glue
- a foam brush
- pages of a book or drawings printed with a laser printer.
- spray paint, color paint of your choice
- a spray of paint primer
- abrasive paper
- coffee if you want to age the sheets of paper
- some water
- protective varnish or finishing varnish
- a paint brush
- Prepare the table with paint by lightly sanding the wood to make it smooth and even.
- Apply the white primer on the legs of the table. If you paint the table in dark color, you can skip this step. Let dry.
- Paint the desired color.
- Prepare the coffee in a basin of water. Dip the pages of the books or printed images in the coffee for 1-2 minutes to give them an aging effect.
- With the foam brush, apply glue on your sheets of paper and on the wooden support. Adhere them well to the surface of the table.
- Once the tabletop is covered and dry, use a razor blade to cut off the excess paper.
- Apply protective varnish.
The sketches of the human body confer an original design on this coffee table.
An old dining table transformed into a pretty office with a few pieces of wood assembled.
Sublime an old table by adding wooden decorative elements.
Create a marble effect with an effect painting.
The marble effect is easy to create with a specialized effect paint kit such as Giani Countertop Paint Kit, White Diamond . For best results, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Always start by thoroughly cleaning and degreasing the surface you are going to work.
Use a roller to spread the black primer. Then
Use a very fine brush to create the veins.
Restyle table of rustic style covered with recovered wood.
The transforming force of a stroke of paint.
For a pretty vintage look, paint the table in soft shades like this pretty pastel pink.
The brass angle brackets are very chic on the black cube table.
A relooked table with palm leaves.
Personalize a coffee table with the wooden cubes of your children.
Nice contrast effect between the white table and the dark wood chairs.
Refurbished child’s table
Restyled table with slate paint.