The Baroque Bedroom Decoration Ideas 60 Photos
In our day the Baroque continues to move, he reigns in several hotels and contemporary cafes and many people are inspired by his impressive style to furnish or decorate their homes. And why not have at least one room at home which is arranged in Baroque style? Today we show you the Baroque room in all its splendor. Since this style is linked to good taste and an aristocratic lifestyle, it is thought that the bedroom is its best address. We all know that Baroque is the style of luxury and exuberance. But what lies behind this spectacle of forms and dramatic details? Born at the beginning of the 17th century in Italy, preceded by renaissance and followed by Classicism, it bears very distinctive and very pretty characteristics. It is a style that affects not only architecture and interior design but all other arts too – music, literature, painting. It is evoked to proclaim the majestuausité of the church and to assert the power of the aristocracy. In fact the Baroque is inspired by the main religious ideas that mark his time – the variability and complexity of the world, the lack of limits, the emotional situation of man in a difficult world. That’s where his drama comes from, the sumptuousness known, the bold solutions.
An elegant baroque bedroom in light colors
Straight lines and minimalist decorations are of course those that are current at the moment and those that make the space look vast and bright. But sometimes we want to rejoice by spoiling our senses with the royal splendor, the luxurious fabrics and the sumptuous colors of the Baroque. If you want to create a baroque room, pay attention to detail – small statuettes and sculptural elements adorning furniture are a basic element. The most common themes of visual art for the period are angels , cherubim, man and God, the human body. You can take some thematic statuettes and look for the right places where they will fit to give your baroque space more authenticity. Then come colors and fabrics. They must be attractive and invite to a rich and luxurious life. In a baroque bedroom, fabrics are expected to be not only pretty but also soft and enjoyable – such as silk, faux fur and mohair.
Baroque bedroom with nice wall cladding
Let’s see what important features you need to focus on when decorating your baroque room.
- First – the colors. Walleye is the color that is very popular during the Baroque period. It’s everywhere – on picture frames, on bed frames and armchairs, on utensils, lamps and candle holders. Other important colors are ruby red, emerald green and sapphire. That is to say all the colors that invite luxury and well-being. For a majestic room opt for red, green, purple and gold. If your goal is to create a feminine setting do not be afraid to use lilac, fuchsia and pink.
- The subjects? If you really want to create a luxurious atmosphere do not forget velvet. This is the most common material in Baroque rooms. All satin fabrics are the other option that completes the baroque interior very well. The brightness and straightener of the fabrics must attract attention and capture the eye. It’s up to you to decide if the colors of the textiles will be voluptuous and sweet or simple and classy like beige, gray and taupe. We recommend these for a more elegant room.
- The furniture is real art with its ornaments and curved shapes and rich in elements. The curved legs – gold or silver are a general feature for the furniture of this style. Sofas, chairs, tables – they must all have a shiny base and pretty curves. The pretty base combines with the traditional upholstery and luxurious textiles of the furniture. Engraved wood, often weathered and wrought iron are the best materials to give your room a luxurious and rich look.
- The walls must repeat some of the patterns that have already appeared on the furniture. Most often they are planty plant motifs. If you like the traditional look, you can use plaster figures or fabric wallpapers. But there are also other variations to complete your baroque atmosphere. For example choose wall sconces or frames with the same elements as your furniture. Otherwise a baroque wallpaper will finish your chic atmosphere. Wallpapers that respond to the new Baroque style are often created according to the principle of contrast between two categorical colors – black and white, black and gold, black and pink. By putting this type of wallpaper, you create a dramatic effect.
- And speaking of room one must mention two pieces of furniture that are obligatory to put in the baroque room. These are the bed bench and the curved dressing table that adds a lot of charm. If you do not have or you do not want to buy a bed bench, you can use an ottoman pouf or other simple furniture that will introduce a new color or texture. Comfort and luxury are important and you should not underestimate the role of this auxiliary furniture.
- Accessories – complete the decor with several small statuettes, lamps or candlesticks with carved elements. How to add more glamor to your room? With frames of paints and mirrors, with heavy curtains and satin cushions. Here you have many variants.
- During the Baroque period pillars and columns are present not only on stadiums and public buildings but also in normal dwellings. The greatness of God or the universe must be apparent everywhere. If you can not change the architecture of your room, take some decorative Baroque columns . They will bring home the spirit of the time.
Baroque modern style room
The small details are the ones that matter the most – the headboard, the bench and the wallpaper create a baroque atmosphere
The champagne color is elegant, sweet and aristocratic – ideal for a luxurious atmosphere
Original colors and dresser with sympathetic mirror
Spacious room full of light
Room with simple and iconic equipment
Glamorous and chic bedroom
Beautiful baroque furniture and bright fabrics in a room with a royal spirit
A round bed in a very pretty room taupe
Different flower paintings and cover in ashy pink
Room dipped in pale lilac
Perfect harmony of shapes and a soft and inviting color
Elegant color scheme and modern lamps in a glamorous baroque bedroom
Female room with bright fabrics
A mix between baroque and rusticity – beautiful and extravagant room
The powdery pink invites us with its charming magic
Bedroom and living room in purple
Combination of two serious colors – black and gold
Luxury and serenity in a splendid baroque room
Traditional baroque equipment