How to tidy up your room? Tips and tricks that make your life easier 50 Photos
A question we ask ourselves too often is: how to tidy up your room ? Good storage saves us a lot of time, because we avoid looking after things everywhere, wasting valuable minutes. But by putting everything in order, we also gain space by optimizing it. So it’s really important to achieve it! Okay, but how do you go about it? See below for some tips that will make your life easier.
- If you really want to be successful with the storage of your room, start by pulling out all you have! Yes, you understand correctly: pull all your clothes and accessories outside! It is now a question of grouping everything together so that we can better find it.
- Bring boxes, boxes and baskets in all sizes and colors.
- Now you must bring your critical sense, to be able to best sort your business. Some of them will be kept, others will be given as gifts to a friend or an orphanage, and maybe there will be things to throw away. Yes, because if you have not worn a garment for years, it is clear that it will only occupy the space in your closets.
- Opening and non-sliding doors can be used to install jewelery holders or cloth bags for storage (or another installation, depending on your personal needs).
- Use plastic bins to organize the best things in your drawers. We’re wasting too much time digging in there. And after, it’s total chaos!
- A good idea is to put inscriptions on each drawer, to indicate the type of clothes that are there, for example: pajamas, tops, stockings, T-shirts, lingerie. In vogue at the moment: furniture with large numbered drawers, in an industrial style. They will also help you to orient your business. So, this shirt? Was she not in drawer number 3?
What are the other tips to adopt, how to tidy up your room ? Let’s see…
How to tidy up your room? Yes to the dressing areas!
The important thing is to have room for all your accessories
How to tidy up your room? A question that mostly women ask themselves very often
7. A big trend recently: furniture that combines drawers with boxes to put braided baskets. At Maisons du monde you can find such furniture, as well as shelves with colorful patterns that will make your interior very interesting. Or, you can opt for the metal baskets, it also depends on the style of your interior and the effect you are looking for. The baskets with labels are super nice accessories!
8. Use and abuse labels to always know where the item is for you.
9. Use the space under the hanging furniture, to install baskets, boxes and chic boxes, in which you will store your stuff, not to let them hang out.
10. Use modular furniture! They are very popular especially in the children’s room, to store their thousand and one toys and stuff.
11. If you like to tinker, create a shoe rack with painted PVC tubing. Here’s how !
12. You can build storage niches in a wall and make a dressing room, which you can hide even behind stylish curtains. Or you can leave this space open.
13. Rolling furniture, such as the mobile wardrobe, are very practical! They do not take much space, you move them at will and they have a fashion side. There are models of trolleys with storage boxes combined with the wardrobe.
14. Benches and storage stools, with their dual function, are welcome, to help you in your mission to better organize the space of your room.
15. If you have to buy a bed, choose an optimized model with storage space. At IKEA you will find beds with mini-shelf heads and small boxes. The panel is wood fiber and the price is 459 €. Other models include sliding storage. The bed-box, meanwhile, allows you to store in its interior the duvet and cushions. Under the sofa bed there are large drawers. And for your teen’s bedroom, think of the bed with slatted bed frame, with storage integrated below (€ 615, at Delamaison). There are also more economical models for the children’s room.
Set up a pretty retro piece of furniture with glass cases
How to tidy up your room? A chic idea – install baskets of different sizes on a shelf along the entire length of the wall
YES to big boxes and metal baskets! You can hide it all behind an elegant curtain
Remember to reserve spaces for boots, with a piece of furniture of this type
Hooks for hanging bags
Hooks for hanging necklaces and jewelry in the dressing area
Storage furniture with glass cases are very practical to create your look for the day
The dressing area can be made very elegant, with beige, brown and gray tones and a soft light
Numerous shelves with numerous drawers are the solution to chaos in the room
To make your original dressing area, color one of the pink walls, for example
For the children’s room, opt for a multitude of shelves in bright colors
A corner cabinet, to optimize the space to the maximum
A multitude of shelves for shoes
A glamorous dressing area
A small room solution – a white cabinet with shelves, which serves as a space separator. We use not only the shelves, but one of the sides, to install storage baskets in pastel blue
To save shelf space, organize books in large, colorful boxes with labels in front of them
To sublimate the fun atmosphere in the children’s room, decorate the woven baskets with big colorful pompons
Storage cubes and modular shelves for children’s toys
How to tidy up your room? A question that teenagers ask themselves very often. Here is an original solution
Use the entire height of your room, to install a multitude of shelves
Here’s how to organize a corner for the office at home
Do not forget to decorate the shelves with fun objects, to make the room more interesting
Make maximum use of long, narrow spaces
In this way, the space drawings in the children’s room is organized as much as possible
A design solution, with the use of all walls, to install storage units
Drawers with boxes for jewelry will put in order the accessories of the ladies
A space saving solution for storing lingerie and scarves
Here’s how to store as much as possible, also putting a lot of atmosphere with the colors and patterns of the boxes
Use the door also as storage space. here’s how
The open wardrobe with wheels has a great convenience, if you hesitate about the concrete place of this type of furniture
PVC tubes to store your boots, while preserving their shape. At Leroy Merlin
How to tidy up your room? Use the nooks to the maximum
Lovely color accents in this child’s room, well stocked with storage furniture
The ladies will gain a lot of time in the morning, opening the doors of such a piece of furniture
Shelves for bags and boxes for belts and hats – everything should have its place and be easily found
A very useful piece of furniture that does not take much space
The many pairs of shoes need their own space
What drawers! To put everything away!
A library that extends as a suspended office
Most of this wall is occupied by a cabinet, shelves and drawers downstairs. To break its monotony, we put on the other part a decorative panel
A very chic dressing room
A rolling wardrobe for bags
A niche for the dressing room
A fun way not to sink into chaos
Shelves and drawers symmetrical. On the left it’s her business, on the right, it’s her business
To store toys in the children’s room
Other solutions for storing everything in style: